Sunday, May 1, 2011

My Redeemer Lives!

My first PMCO concert was an amazing experience. There is nothing like a really successful concert to help you realize that the time commitment and rehearsals are all worth it. It was such a jam packed week filled with extra rehearsals/dress rehearsals, and 3 nights of performances. Each night was better than the last and I'm thankful for the opportunity to sing with a choir and orchestra of such caliber.

It was also so great to have Courtney along with me for the ride! I love having a choir buddy. Is it weird that this choir experience feels so much like my high school one? I know its dorky to be so excited about choir, but I LOVE IT! Here are some photos from each night.

Courtney and me cheesing it up on night one of our performances!


Rather than investing in a choir dress just for this first performance (I just paid for a new uniform but it wont be ready until our summer concert) I borrowed a dress from a coworker. Josh's first thing he said to me as I was walking out the door was "Hey Hermione, Where's your broom?" Jerk!

I was even too cheap to buy a pair on black nylons...Josh's church socks worked just fine for me!

I probably could have taken the time to at least find matching socks...

Look at those vowels! These pictures are so funny to me..

Dallyn Vale Bayles was such a great performer and I loved hearing him live


Night 3

Glaring at the brunette bobble head directly in front of me. She swayed, bounced, & bobbled all week. I was lucky if I could see the director!


Our Director David Thomas

I LOVE this picture of the lady on my left (PAM) She is so intense and what a perfect depiction

Ahh...another great pic =) You go Dallyn





This old guy was the highlight of my Easter concert experience. Before an a'capella piece he played the chimes 3 times before a young fellow orchestra member took them away from him. Our director was about to lose his mind. Needless to say, I felt bad for the old confused man. He just wanted to start our piece off with a little pizazz!!!



Short little clip of our choir, sorry about all the background noise!

1 comment: